The Graphic Design Program is an intensive two-year course of study preparing students for entry-level jobs in design studios, advertising agencies, corporate in-house design departments, and other
The first year of studies emphasize design fundamentals, creative problem-solving, design history, technology, and basic web development. First-year projects and exercises introduce students to printed, web, and interactive media.
The second year engages students in these subjects to advanced levels and introduces students to a variety of interactive media including animation, 3D modeling, advanced web development, and social media.
Students enter in the Fall quarter and proceed through six consecutive quarters. All students must apply for entry into the program.
Upon completing the AAS degree in Graphic Design, students will...
• Qualify for entry-level jobs in the design industry. Students may find work in design studios, interactive studios, advertising agencies, corporate marketing departments and other businesses involved in the creation and production of design and communication projects.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the design process as it is applied in industry.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of design production, project workflow, and construction of digital files meeting industry standards.
• Demonstrate the ability to apply design concepts to a variety of print, web, and interactive media.
• Have created a portfolio, online and physical, to present their body of work to potential employers.
• Have opportunities to transfer to area universities and continue their education.